Beaches & bays
What characterises the magnificent beaches of Rhodes is their unique diversity, thatsatisfies even the most demanding visitor: Pebbled beaches extending along many kilometers, small bays and coves and endless beaches of golden sand.
This variety in combination with their water purity and clarity have made the beaches of Rhodes known worldwide and extremely popular.
It is significant that more than 35 beaches in Rhodes are annually awarded by the “Blue Flags of Europe”, for their safety and organization. Whatever your preferences and desires, cosmopolitan atmosphere, fun for the whole family, action and sports, or tranquility and returning to nature, it is for sure that in Rhodes you can find the ideal beach to adore!
Visitors can enjoy the sun and the crystal clear blue sea at the cosmopolitan beach of Rhodes town, just a few meters away from the city center! Modern hotels line the beach which is one of the most popular on the island. Perfectly organized with umbrellas and sun beds, beach bars and cafeterias, meeting the standards of the most demanding visitors!
- On the beaches of Kalithea and Faliraki, where the blue sea meets the golden sand, hundreds of people enjoy swimming and sunbathing or having fun with a variety of water sports, everyday. • The picturesque bays of Kallithea, Ladiko and Anthony Quinn with their clear waters and rocky shores are among the most beautiful and romantic small beaches of the island, and are very popular with couples and young visitors.
- The area of Ixia, with the luxurious hotels and conference centers has a well organized beach and together with Ialysos beach nearby, play host to thousands of visitors mainly businessmen and delegates who flock here each season to combine business and leisure. These beaches are also a favorite destination for wind surfing enthusiasts as they are many well organized training clubs for every level.
- The bay of Kolymbia, with many modern hotels and endless magnificent beach, is a haven for families with small children. The endless Afandou beach with organized water sports and the Golf course of Rhodes, is a yet another favorite choice of visitors of the island.
- In the area of Archangelos shaded by the steep cliff with the monastery of Virgin Mary on the top. Tsambika bay with golden sand and shallow waters is one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. • Beneath the majestic Acropolis of Lindos, visitors can enjoy the crystal clear waters of the Lindos bay in a cosmopolitan environment. The beaches of South Rodos, each with its own character,more crowded or deserted, with pebbles or sand but all of them with crystal clear waters, are ideal for relaxing, sunbathing and water sports.
- At the southernmost edge of the island lies Prassonisi cape. A unique place with twin beaches, where often their waters blend covering the shore and creating images of rare beauty. Prassonisi is a true haven for windsurfers and kite surfers, as the wind constantly blows onto one of its beaches. It is internationally famous as a natural spot for extreme water sports enthusiasts. Here you’ll find rooms to rent and beach side tavernas.